Tuesday, January 19, 2010

Poor baby..

I swear that this is like his 4th time being sick already. But they say it's common for babies to get sick about 6-10 times in their first year of life.

Yesterday I took Dylan to see his pediatrician. He had been sick with a cough, cold, and fever for 3 days & I was beginning to get worried. He didn't sleep well at all the night before. I could see the way he was breathing, and it was like his chest was sinking in so deep...he was trying his hardest to breathe. It made me so sad. His doctor prescribed him an inhaler for his "brochiolitis" & asked me if we have any asthma in the family. Well, Mark & I both had asthma when we were little. She said he may develop it too, but he might grow out of it just like we both did. It was raining so hard when I had to stop by the pharmacy afterwards--I felt so bad for Dylan being out with that sorta weather condition. I was literally soaked from head to toe but I kept the lil guy safe. He was also prescribed this medicine called "prednisolone" which he HATES. Absolutely hates it. We tried to give it to him mixed with some juice, he refused to drink it. Then today we just tried to give it straight from the syringe, but he gagged and barfed twice. It was so bad I had to give him a bath & I, myself, had to take a shower afterwards. Poor baby :( But the inhaler is working so well, he's coughing less & is able to sleep better. That's what matters to me. We've been staying in to insure that he gets well soon.

4 more days & my bubberoo turns 8 months old. I can't believe it whatsoever...anyways, here's a video that I recorded at 4am this morning (Dylan wakes up super early for his milk -_- ) He was having fun though! :D




No comments: