Monday, February 8, 2010

More teeeef?!

So yesterday, Mark & I were playing with Dylan & all of a sudden he pointed at his mouth saying, "Is he growing more teeth? I see a little bit of white." And I thought he was just seeing things because Dylan barely started growing his top 2 teeth (he already has his bottom two teeth). I lifted Dylan's upper lip to see, and YUP! Two more teeth are growing! His upper lateral incisors are popping out the gum, which are the teeth next to the ones in the middle. 6 teeth at 8 1/2 months old!! Pretty awesome. I'm seriously just in awe. Every day I see how fast he grows & at the same time it scares me. Next thing I know, I'll be sending him off to preschool...

Dylan's reaching his milestones! All he has left is walking & talking. He's such a hyper baby which explains why I am completely drained at the end of every day. I used to be able to go online more often because he'd be taking naps and what not, but for the past 2 weeks, he's up all day, keeping me occupied & I love it. I have to constantly keep an eye on him because he's a quick crawler & loves to chase everything. He practically runs in his walker. He talks so much (his 'da-da-ing' is getting out of control!), and he yells and screams for attention. And when you try to take things away from him (like his toothbrush), he throws a FIT! I couldn't believe it the first time I saw the way he acted. GRRRR. So spoiled. But he's so cute, I can't help but love his angry / sad / crying faces lol. He mimics a lot of the things you do. He also listens if you say, "Dylan, no no. Don't go there" or "Don't crawl over there. Stay with Mommy." He actually stops himself & sits himself up. He climbs up on every thing, puts everything in his mouth, puts his mouth on everything (ha), and when he's in a happy mood, he'll bit your nose and give you kisses. Ahh, he's the sweetest. His favorite show: Yo Gabba Gabba! It's not a joke either. You need to see his face whenever Dj Lance Rock is on the screen. I think Dylan has a huge love for music, just like Mommy & Daddy. My little boy is already so big *tears* I can't believe he'll be turning 1 year old in 3 1/2 months. It's all flown by so fast.

One down side of Dylan first year of life is the fact that he is constantly getting sick! They say babies get sick about 6-10 times their first year of life. Well, that sucks. This morning I took him to see his doctor because his coughing got worse all of a sudden. He wouldn't stop coughing while he was trying to nap. He's already on an inhaler & the other meds she previously prescribed him were no use because Dylan literally threw it all up (plus his food) due to the bitter taste. So she said, "Yup. I believe it's asthma." She prescribed him another inhaler so now he's on two different ones a day :[ He was also given antibiotics for his slight ear infection. I don't understand how he got sick! Since he got sick last time, I kept him home every day for 2 weeks, and now he's sick again! Gosh. I just feel bad that he has to deal with all this physically. He's such a strong kid though--through all of this he still laughs and smiles.

Anyways, I'll finish this blog with another video. Hopefully the next time I blog, he'll be saying "MAMA" because he still calls me DaDa lol.



No comments: