Monday, March 22, 2010

Dylan @ 10 months old




It's been a while since I updated; there has been a LOT of new changes in our life so we've been going through quite a bit, plus it's hard to accumulate all my thoughts into a blog while I'm trying to prevent Dylan from closing a drawer on his fingers or falling and hitting his head on something. This is what I do all day. Nowadays he gets to play on the bedroom floor. Before he turned 8 months, we just let him play in the crib, but we decided to stock up on some baby proofing equipment to allow him some freedom around the room. We have to cover all the outlets, put padding on all sides & corners, block off drawers, place pillows everywhere, hide things from him (because he pulls things off my side bed table), put a baby gate at the door, and put a door stopper. Then I disinfect everything he touches. AHHHHHH. Babies are surely hard work.

Dylan @ 10 months old:

-is currently 19lb & 32 inches long
-I totally forgot, but he's weaned off his pacifier for a while now. I think since he was 7 months old, he just hasn't liked using it. I tried giving him one, and he looks at it and plays with it. He doesn't even know how to use it anymore! Haha, that was easy! I thought it was gonna be hard to detach it from him...pretty awesome.
-has grown very attached to his parents, especially his Mommy! I can't even go to the bathroom or kitchen for 5 seconds without his screaming/crying as if he was dying.
-can stand freely for a long time
-tries to walk; he can use his walker, but without it, he tried taking a couple steps but ended up falling on his butt. He's getting there.
-likes to steal his dad's headphones and take it apart (drives Mark insane)
-like to play with the door stopper behind the door (you know that thing that makes that funny "boing" noise).
-tries to take Happy's toys away from him. It scares me a little because Happy growls. Happy, that dog, sigh...
-climbs on all the furniture
-makes out with the refrigerator. It's so gross lol.
-says "Da-da" & "Ma-ma"
-babbles a LOT
-pulls off the padding (baby proof stuff), and chews on them!
-has a thing with playing with the lid of the trash can! I Lysol that thing like CRAZY.
-dances by bobbing his head or by bouncing his shoulders
-throws his hands up and wave them in the air
-has 8 teeth! He's been teething a lot lately. 4 teeth on the top, 4 teeth on the bottom.
-knows what "Sawatdee" means (the Thai greeting). He puts his hands together every time Mark tells him "Dylan, 'sawatdee krup' ". He amazes me!
-is not a picky eater. He can eat anything.
-steals things that he knows he's not supposed to touch / play with from on top of tables/under the bed. For instance, my purse was open & he grabbed a dollar bill & ate a corner off. I decided to keep that dollar as a keepsake, haha.
-tries to eat everything off the floor! Ugh. So we vacuum / pick up everything off the floor often.
-turns on the XBOX & tries to eat the controllers
-tries to climb the television. I think he does it so he can go IN it. His favorite channel is Nick Jr. (he especially loves that Moose..and of course every time Yo Gabba Gabba is on, he starts dancing like a maniac)
-has his favorite blanket to sleep on
-cries sooo hard if we take away something he's not supposed to have. Aiiii...

I'm sure there's a lot more, I'm just so exhausted to think of them. I'll add on to keep track if I do remember.

I can't believe his 1st birthday is 2 months away. That means a lot of planning! I even created his invitation already (I have my free time when he naps). I really can't wait. My baby is getting so big :)











1 comment:

Nelah said...

Your baby is adorable. I have a two year old little girl, know exactly what you mean about them getting into everything. It is JUST the beginning. A friendly warning though, they are more active as they grow, plus tantrums and stubborness on the way :)