Thursday, January 29, 2009

23 weeks.


Babies R Us is such a fun store. I wanted to scan everything for my registry, but I didn't want all the useless stuff. Another reason why I went to Babies R Us was to see a lot of things in person (which was really cool). I got to see different strollers (although I'm still convinced on the Peg Perego), and I found a swing that was super cute. I looked at the different cribs (although I already have my mind on a certain one). It's too bad I can't see it in person before I order it ): I'm so short, and I find it hard on a lot of the taller cribs, but I believe the one I want isn't too tall & that the mattress can be adjusted well to my height. I love those blankets, especially the super plush ones, and don't be surprised if you guys see a lot of "puppy/dog" items on my registry (ha!). I couldn't help myself, they're seriously cute. I thought I wanted the "Zoo" crib bedding, but I decided to go back to what I originally wanted which is Bananafish's Spot nursery set. I love the brown colors & of course the dogs, but I think now I mostly love the set for it's SOFTNESS. My gosh, that set is sooo plushy! Looks & feels way better in person compared to the pictures online. I expected it to be soft since I read reviews on Babies R Us all the time (it's how I determine what I want on my registries; reviews help a lot!), but I didn't know it would be that nice! I love it.

I must tell you guys now that I registered for a lot of things that I'll need for the baby's crib, bath, health care, travel, eating, etc, and you'll notice that I barely put ANY clothes on there. That's because I won't need that much! Once my mother gets here, she'll just buy clothes clothes clothes! That's all she did when I was little & I hated clothes back then, haha. And now I'm pretty sure she's gonna go all out with Baby Dylan. So I'll probably be with her when she'll want to shop for the lil guy & I'll get to pick out the cute stuff ;] Oh yeah, I registered for a ton of diapers. PAMPERS! (: We'll be needing those FOR SURE. Diapers, wipes, gift cards are pretty cool. Idk. Mark & I are pretty much buying all the bedding and furniture. My neighbor told me, "Tell your friends NOT TO BUY YOU ANY CLOTHES! And make sure they include gift receipts because the policies have changed!" so I guess I'm listening to her by including this in my blog.

I ordered a baby invitation sample from PaperStyle & I absolutely love it! Since it was blank, I decided to try my best to accurately print it out all centered and with the fonts that I'd like etc, etc. It came out perfect! So whenever I order those, I'll be definitely sending them shortly after (that's why I've asked most of you guys for your addresses!) Oh, and I'm inviting a lot of people. A lot as in A LOT. It'll be at a park, but I mean, it should be okay. Also, my initial plan was to have it at Balboa Park, but I'm not about to put up with a zoo of people on a Saturday with barely any parking, duck shit everywhere, and gnats flying in my face. I'm trying to be less stressed here! So I believe Northridge Park would be perfect. (: I just need chairs. Chairs & tables for the many people that I've invited. Lordy.

K well I want some ice cream (:

No comments: