Thursday, May 7, 2009

37 weeks.

I am swelling up.

My feet are killing me. I hate looking at them. They're so fat and ugly. Yesterday, I drove my mom around because she had some errands to run; then later on that night I tried to put my sandals back on (to go outside and throw the trash out) and they won't FIT! I was like what the... GAH! I woke up today, and I had to go to the bank/post office real quick, and it turns out my other sandals won't fit either. sigh. And earlier this week, I wore my boots to the mall & my feet were suffocating in them. Crazy how fast my feet swell up. In a matter of a few hours. When I went to see my OBGYN on Tuesday, she walked in and said, "Oh my gosh, you're swelling up!" Now I feel ridiculously humungo.

This past week have brought on a lot of changes. It's getting harder to sleep. I tend to sleep on my left side more because I want to avoid my right, but it's so hard sleeping on one side throughout the entire night. My legs are cramping up, especially my right (which kinda never goes away actually) so it bothers me a lot when I try to sleep. Dylan still moves in my belly but not as much as he used to. He's getting too big. The Braxton Hicks contractions hit me hard, and I definitely feel more pressure in my pelvic area. Last Sunday when I went pee, I noticed this mucus-like stuff (gross, I know..it looked like snot), and I told my doctor about it on Tuesday. She said it's my mucus plug shedding little by little. I still can't believe how much closer it's getting to Dylan's birthday. I have everything I need now, I think. I got his crib mattress delivered two days ago & I set up the crib bedding again since I got everything back from my parents last Sunday (we had lunch in Westwood at Shamshiri; we LOVEEEEEE Persian food & I told them I was craving it). We also have the swing now & our other carseat. I'm just gonna wait a lil while to get my breastpump, possibly a couple weeks after I get Dylan used to it so I know for sure that we'll need it.

I took a breastfeeding class on Tuesday night. Mark went with me. We ended up being the only people there, haha, so it felt like a private class. We learned a lot--a lot of it I already knew about since I read/researched online, but I know Mark didn't know most of it so it was good for him to be around. We watched a video, and learned all the do's and don't's. It lasted an hour & a half long, wasn't so bad. We got to play with fake babies in our arms, and I was having a hard time holding mine because my belly's so huge. The only part that was bugging me was 1) I wasn't at the Jimmy Kimmel Live recording with Lia, Michelle, & JP (Zachary Quinto aka Sylar was on & I love him) and 2) Sitting for an hour and a half is really complicated for me. (It hurts under my belly so I try to stand or walk around for a lil bit). Anyways, glad we got that over with.

Tomorrow my mother & I have to shop for Mother's Day presents. Not for us, but for Mark's mom and aunt (who we consider Mark's 2nd mom). I hope I can survive walking around the mall; I've been feeling extremely exhausted this week. And then after we find them something, maybe we can shop for ourselves (: I've been buying tops that I find extremely cute so I can wear them AFTER Dylan's out lol. I never know if they'll be back in store or not, so might as well right? Gosh, trying things on in the fitting room is really devastating. I can't wait to breastfeed & shed off all these pounds. I wanna be back where I was before I found out I was preggo, and lose MORE!

Oh, I finally bought myself a curling iron. It's the Hot Tools Tourmaline 1" curling iron (in black/purple) IT'S AMAZING!!! I never could curl my hair correctly because all the curling irons that I've used in the past wouldn't work well with my super thick hair. This thing does wonders. I was inspired by my cousin Kimmie who did my hair for my baby shower in Palmdale, except she used my flat iron. I tried doing it her way, but it wouldn't work for me so I said, F it, I'll just get a curling iron. Fun stuff. Keeps me busy.

Well, time for some dinner then end my night with some reading (I'm on Breaking Dawn now). G'night!

No comments: