Tuesday, May 12, 2009

Changes.

Wow, my body's been going through a lot these past couple of days.

Saturday was Ashley's baby shower :) The 4th baby shower I've been to so far this year lol. It was fun playing games; too bad Mark & I sucked real bad at it. And the food was BOMB!!! We ended up going home a little early since I have a hard time sitting for long + he planned to play some bball at the park. Congratulations to Ashley on their upcoming baby girl (2nd baby)! She's due a week & a half later than me, but she's already ahead of the game (symptoms-wise). And we're having our babies at the same hospital (AND we have the same OBGYN lol). GOOD LUCK ASHLEY! Keep your head up; I know the pain is irresistible but you've done it before, you can do it again! :D Later that night, Jeanillie & Joe decided to stop by & we all went for a Sonic's run. Good stuff. I love me some of that lemon berry slushie. We took home 3 :P We always do. But it was good spending time with our fave couple haha. I had to bear through painful contractions on our way there and on the way back home, it was ridiculous. But I survived. Food always makes me feel better :D

Sunday was Mother's Day. I hope all you mommas got what you deserve! Hope your baby daddies treated you extra special :) We were planning to go out to eat with my mom (Mark's mom had to work), but we ended up staying home (because I was too lazy to get ready) & my mom cooked some delicious rib-eye steak with her special mashed potatoes, gravy, and brussel sprouts. It was DEEEELISH! So that was how we celebrated :) Stuffing ourselves with food.

Yesterday I woke up with a charley horse cramp. THOSE REALLY SUCK. I was screaming so loud in pain that Mark thought I was actually in labor. He woke up & was like "WHAT HAPPENED?!?!?! WHAT'S WRONG?!?!?" I was yelling, "MY LEG BABE MY LEG AHHHH!!!" But thank God he was able to help me stretch it out right away because I'm usually chicken to do it; I usually just lie there in pain. But this time it went away right away. But my entire leg has been cramped up/sore ever since & still hasn't gone away. I had a really hard time sleeping last night because of my stupid leg. My weekly appointment was scheduled for this Thursday, but the receptionist called me yesterday afternoon asking if I could come in at 3:30pm because the doctor had something come up for Thursday. So Mark took me to see her. My uterus measured at 39 cm!! 6 days before that I was 36 cm!! It's crazy how fast he's growing now. He's been moving often during the past 24 hours. He's ready to get out of here & meet all the people who have been awaiting his arrival :) His heartbeat was perfect and strong, and my doctor asked if I was experiencing any extreme contractions. I told her that I really don't get that many; it's very irregular & not too often. She then said, "Hopefully you start feeling more symptoms and contractions this week!" AHHHHH! I'm freaking out. It's getting so much closer...2 weeks 'til my due date! Then last night, ironically, my mucus plug came out! I was like ew...., but I knew that this was a good sign! Meaning I'm starting to dilate so that he'll be coming any day / week now. So I gotta let my doctor know about that at my next appointment next Tuesday.

I'm so excited. I don't trust going out anywhere, really, but if I have to step out for something real quick, I will. I don't wanna drive though so Mark's staying home most of the time to be there for me. There is this one cupcakery in Long Beach that I would probably leave the house for...just because I have been craving cupcakes/ice cream cupcakes for a couple of days now. There's one here close by my house called BabyCakes, but for some reason I don't trust it. Oh well. But it's really bugging me that I can't satisfy my sweet tooth. I don't trust myself driving anymore. I already have my bags packed & I plan on leaving them in my car from now on (anything can happen). And lastly, we have to install the car seat. We were supposed to do it today, but Mark was lazy haha. Tomorrow it is.

Speaking of tomorrow, it's Mark's big D-Day. He spoke to his lawyer today, and we heard better news than I ever expected (really). It seriously made my day; I feel so relieved..and happy! I mean, things the whole situation still changed our life drastically & not in the greatest way at all, but things could've gone worse (and I was expecting the worst). But after all the times I've felt so stressed & depressed over the whole situation, the support & prayers that everyone has offered for us really have helped! And I'm FOREVER grateful & thankful to everyone. Really. But I'll confirm all this tomorrow, but I'm pretty sure it'll go the way the lawyer explained today. Sigh..things are going to come together they way they should, I KNOW IT. Mark deserves it. Dylan deserves it.

Btw, we're probably (and most likely) changing Dylan's middle name since I've always been contemplating on "Mackenzie." I keep telling Mark that I will most likely change it, and he doesn't really mind now. It's still going to start with an "M" though. DMAC will not change! :P At least his initials will still spell it out (coincidentally). We'll let you guys know soon..or maybe when he's finally born :)

Alright well g'night people. I'm pretty exhausted & I'm contemplating on what to eat for dessert...

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

calee!! where's the nearest sonic's?? lol!

Calee: said...

Shoooot I know that the nearest Sonic's to you guys in the valley should be in Palmdale..over here, Anaheim's the closest for us.