Thursday, April 9, 2009

33 weeks.

Dylan wasn't crushing the right side of my ribs anymore; he was crushing my left. Thankfully, it didn't last all day like it did yesterday. That was really painful. Sheesh. Anyways, I can't believe how fast my weeks are really going by. In about 7 weeks, he'll be here! I'm so anxious. I'm really glad my stepsister is moving closer over here too (it's because her job's office location closed in the valley & is permanently in Newport Beach now). She's gonna be my #1 spare babysitter if no one else is available. I'm excited! I hope they move soon.

My mom was telling me how my dad was telling her (over the phone) how he doesn't like the fact that Mark & I don't plan to get married anytime soon. (My parents can talk to each other over the phone & get along, but when they see each other, they're chaos). Gosh, the whole subject of marriage bothers me. First off, marriage causes problems. In both Mark's & my opinion, many young couples get married for all the wrong reasons. No offense to anyone, but that's how I look at it. I don't want us to place ourselves in a position that'll cause more issues in our relationship. If Mark & I plan to be together forever, we don't have to rush ourselves into marriage, especially JUST BECAUSE we're having a baby. Maybe my dad thinks we're gonna make tons of babies before we get married; or maybe he thinks Mark is going to leave me. Whatever he wants to believe, I'll leave him alone. I don't wanna end up getting married in a court or some beat down chapel in Vegas. Mark & I want a perfect, beautiful wedding, and we want it to be at the perfect time whenever we both have our lives set & ready. I already live a married-like life with him; all that's different is we don't share a name. Our relationship is great despite our little, stupid arguments from time to time (which all couples go through). I know and trust my boyfriend to always be good to me & Dylan. I know he could never leave his baby boy. My dad is just such a typical Filipino and trips out too easily. We already gave him the "okay" to have Dylan baptized although we didn't even want him to be in the first place. We just wanted him to decide for himself when he's old enough. But no, my family keeps bugging me about it, and we ended up agreeing just for the sake of my family. "No anak, you can't take Dylan anywhere without having him baptized first." Oooookay. Fine. So they shouldn't bug me about marriage.

Today I got ready at 2pm to go to Target, but my mom took a lifetime to get ready. Then right before we were about to leave, she was on the phone with my dad talking about absolutely nothing & I just went downstairs & waited..and waited..and waited. She finally came down and said, "I'm gonna roll my hair up first." UGHUGHUGH. Whatever. By 4:15pm, we were finally ready to leave. I was aggravated because I hate traffic on PCH around rush hour time. Thankfully the road was okay. I find it hard to drive nowadays because I can't really move my body around. My stomach's too big. I always have to ask my mom to look out for me, and she tells me, "Hun, you gotta know how to look out for the cars yourself." I told her, "Well DUH, I know how. I just can't do it right now because I'm pregnant with a huge belly; this is why I keep ASKING you. I can barely move." Anyways, we got to Target & I swear my mom tries to buy the whole world. The whole reason I wanted to go to Target was to fill out my prescription for my constipation, but I ended up forgetting it at home. Dumb me. I found the eyeliner that I really like (because I borrowed Kimmie's over the weekend for my shower, and that eyeliner stayed on me forever!) It's the "Loreal Infallible Never Fail" eyeliner in black. Love it. I got one for my stepsister too because I did her make up (we looked the same at my shower haha), and she loved it too. Then my mom & I picked out some cute nail polishes. She picked out whatever other things she needed (which was like at least one thing from every aisle, jeeez). I just got whatever Mark requested me to get, and I bought myself a new dry erase calendar that's way bigger that the one I already have. I have lots of things planned ahead of me, and I have to keep myself reminded.

I knew that if we ended up in the baby section, my mom would find something. Even I didn't wanna go to the baby section, but we ended up there somehow. She has this obsession with babies in overalls, and she found a classic Pooh overall outfit with matching shoes. It's pretty cute though. So there goes another outfit for Dylan. The other day we went to Babies R Us & she went absolutely NUTS shopping for her grandkid. I went to the Guest Services (@ Babies R Us) to return the few doubled gifts that I received. I got a lot of merchandise credit! I was like COOOOL. Then when I went to go see my mom, she had a ton of clothes in her cart! She even had MATERNITY CLOTHES for me, and I was like, "What is this?! I don't need these!" And she had them in X-Large. I was like, "Mother, no, I'm not THAT big." Goodness! I had to go back and pick out all the size S's. But yeah. I don't trust my mother shopping for this baby. She goes all out especially with clothes. I told her that he already has ENOUGH. But she says, "Babies R Us has nice, good quality clothes; I don't like Target. He needs to wear good clothes." Uhh, whatever. That's all you, mother.

After Target, we went to see Jean real quick because she got me a humungo carton of Strawberry/Banana Rendezvous for my birthday (: Did I ever write about how Mark first ordered that at Coldstone's? He told the cashier, "Uhh...can I get the..strawberry banana...REN-DEH-VUSS?" Yeah. My boyfriend's lame. Then at Cheesecake Factory, he had the guts to say, "What's the...TIRA-MAH-SOO?" I told him, "Man, next thing you're not sure how to say something, ask me first!" lol. Silly Mark. But anyways, THANKS JEAN! We love that ice cream. Loveeeeee it.

And to top my night off, I had some bomb Pizza Hut pan pizza with Quepapas & a can of caffeine free Coke (: Today was a lot better. G'night.

No comments: