Monday, April 6, 2009

Baby Shower - Palmdale; Preparation & Party

Well the party went pretty well despite what happened towards the end. Saturday the morning I woke up super early because my coughing didn't completely go away yet so it was hard to go back to sleep. Mark & Nic were asleep downstairs. I picked up Kimmie the day before & she was a HUGE help to me. We decorated parts of the house the night before and got whatever we could ready. I left all the heavy lifting to Mark & Nic. My dad also hired a cleaning crew the day before so I appreciated that. If I could clean, I would, trust me, but I can barely walk around nowadays. There was a 2,000 Hail Maries prayer set up in my parents' room (yes, the SAME freaking day) so my parents were ultra stressed out with preparing everything. It seriously drove me freakin' INSANE because they kept yelling at me & Mark & giving us attitude. UGH. I was really pissed off & my hormones took over me. I felt like I was working too hard for my own good; I wish I could help out with every single thing, but I'm physically incapable. And for them to plan a prayer on the SAME DAY? Hello. I wasn't aware of this until 2 weeks beforehand. Whatever. After I let out all that stress, Kimmie helped me get ready. I got dressed up, did my make up, and she did my hair (: We finished doing last minute decorations then headed to Party City to pick up the balloons.

I was really glad to see everyone after so long especially my old Elco classmates! I appreciate everyone driving out to Palmdale from wherever--Orange County, South Bay, the valley. I seriously appreciate it. I hope you guys all enjoyed the food & festivities. There were 100+ people there & it was chaotic at points, but it was fun. I had all our friends stay in the back since the house was so full. Bonnie kept jumping out from the pen, and everytime we put her back in there with the rest of the dogs, she would jump out again. So I ended up letting her just stay outside. She was our greeter. She loved getting the free food anyways haha. I was very impressed with how well she behaved. That's my girl! Anyways, we played a couple games..the chocolate diaper game (Mark S & Kimmie won that one). We also played this one game where I had everyone try to memorize all these baby items in this one container within 1 minute then Mark asked everyone to write down what I was wearing instead (I left & went back inside). I was impressed with how much detail Jenny wrote about me ("Flowy floral top with a beige top / black & gold eyeshadow / blahblahblah") ahaha and I loved how Lina actually DREW what earrings I was wearing. So funny. But Lina had the most things on there so she was the winner :D Then we played the Beer Bottle Racing game once again. David won that. Haha. After that I was too tired to deal with games so I stopped. Oh, we did the pin game in the beginning where you can't say "baby" or cross your legs..but idk who won, really. lol. I was seriously exhausted by 5pm & ready to knock out..but I had hours & hours ahead of me before the night was over.







We received so many gifts. I just counted how many thank you cards I have to buy for this shower, and that's 50! I really REALLY REALLY appreciate all the gifts for Dylan. We are extremely blessed to have great friends & family. So generous of you guys; we really didn't expect all that. My godmother gave us the car seat we wanted :D I love it. And I received the cute lamb swing from my half brothers & their family. There were just sooo many gifts; I was getting SO exhausted just opening them. I couldn't keep up! And JP's painting was so adorable..I opened it last because they made me open it last, and I understand why now. (: Totally adorable.

By 10pm, I was done for the night. Most of our friends already left by that time, but the rest of my family was still around. Drunken karaoke 'til 3am, I swear. I couldn't stop laughing; it was too funny. I gotta post a video when I get it from my stepmom's camera. My cousins crack me up. They know how to have a good time, and they're always partying like that, Filipino-style. My dad was super drunk, I don't even know what he was saying half the time. It was really embarrassing. He was like that pretty much the whole day. GOD. But yeah, my family cracks me up. We're all kinds of crazy, but I guess that's what makes it so interesting. I love my family.

I also forgot to put in here (because there's so much crap on my mind) how much I love my stepsister Leliza, her boyfriend Neil, & parents for throwing the entire shower. It wouldn't have happened if it wasn't for them, and I appreciate all the hard work (cooking, cleaning, etc). I LOVE MY FAMILY! <3>
Anyways, enjoy the rest of the pics. I'm kinda forgetful right now & can't remember what else to write about. I'm so exhausted.




I love my baby daddy. <3>

Gloria (:


Gloria & Kevin


Lia & Jsun (who were such a big help)

Jenny & Derek Wang(er)


Jan & I...after sooooo long!


Stacey & half of Req lol


Kuya JP (:


Now - Pregnant Charleene


Then - Pregnant Nay


Theresa & Jeanillie (GF)


Tuan!


Dylan's P'lina! & Uncle Jonathan :]

The BOYS--Aj, Mark, Mark, Me, Don, & David


Jean & Linda..my former Registered Dental Assisting classmates


My lovely cousin Kimmie!


Chexie <3>

Nay & Shehan...we go way back!




Bonnie wanted to greet everyone so she stayed in the back.






These oatmeal bars are incredibly delicious. Thanks to Ate Sheila for making the giveaways!




My ninang Filo


My nephew Dillon, sister-in-law Lynn, half brother Mark, Me, half brother Anthony, his gf Erica, & my other half brother Carlo being weird.


Cousins Jason & Dwayne...and my adorable nephew Dillon ;)


With the guys..




This isn't even 1/4 of my cousins (and sister behind me)...lol.


Cutting the cake..



Preparing to open the gifts...



Can someone please get P'pai..I think she pooped. lol.


No P'pai...scissors are not toys.



"I loveee this blanket!"


Reading off the memory book Stacey gave us (:


P'Lina gave Dylan some cute shoes :D


Don gave Dylan some Jordans! So cute..

Such a soft blanket..from my cousin Kimmie


I was in shock because there were like 30 things in this bag.


I love that blanket too. From Jsun & Lia :D



I look like I fit in that bag.


I think that's such a cute gift bag.

I couldn't carry that thing.


From Aj :]


From Jan


Kuya JP's gift to Dylan. I LOVE IT (: And ironically, he drew a dog that looks like Margaux. I feel like it's a sign.


The gifts once they were all opened.


All the big gifts were in the back..the walker, swings, and car seat (:



We appreciate all the gifts (: Baby Dylan is one lucky baby! Thanks so much everyone!!!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

this shower looked like so much fun dude. and i still can't get over your pretty hurr.

Calee: said...

Thank you! It was fun (: And I still have to practice with my straightener with curling my hair on my own.