Thursday, April 16, 2009

34 weeks.

8 & a half months! Getting closer and closer...about 6 more weeks left 'til my baby is here!

So every week I read about my "pregnancy week", and it scares me how these things are fairly accurate. It's like reading your horoscope every week, but this stuff is actually 99% true most of the time.

From parentsconnect.com:

"You are exhausted from hauling your bod around all day, so why can't you sleep at night? Is it because your bladder keeps crying out to be emptied every 30 minutes? Is it because you haven't been able to find a comfortable sleeping position since week 27? Is it because your mind can't stop making lists of things to do or replaying that shocking video you saw in your birthing classes? Yes, yes, and yes. It might comfort you to know you're not alone. Seventy-five percent of women in their third trimester have trouble sleeping.

This week, your baby measures about 17¾ inches, as almost as long as an American Girl Doll (!) and weighs almost 5 pounds, as heavy as a bag of sugar, minus the cup you put in your decaf this morning."

Big baby! (:

Uncomfortable sleeping positions: Very true
Constantly peeing: Very true (at least 3 times in the middle of the night now that I'm not sick)
Can't stop making lists of things to do: True (I'm very, very bored)


THEN from the Little Company of Mary website:

"Month 8: You may feel contractions more strongly this month and your breasts may leak colostrum, a yellowish fluid that precedes milk production. There may be an increase in constipation. Backaches may be more bothersome as the growing baby puts more stress on your body. Leg cramps, swelling of the ankles and feet, lower abdominal achiness, hemorrhoids and varicose veins continue. You may exhibit signs of clumsiness, since your center of gravity as changed. Your uterus now takes up a large part of your abdomen, and is now around 4 inches above your navel."

This one was way too accurate for me.

Contractions: True (Braxton Hicks; very uncomfortable)
Colostrum: True (since Week 12; I still remember)
Constipation: So true (It's HORRIBLE; every single day)
Backaches: Very true (My upper body is getting harder to support with this big belly)
Leg cramps: True
Swelling of ankles and feet: So true (I have a hard time standing or walking for more like 10 minutes)
Lower abdominal achiness: True (Dylan's just getting so big; it hurts)
Clumsiness: True (always have been clumsy)

Pregnancy is just wonderful.

My 3rd trimester has been really difficult to deal with; physically and emotionally. I'm heavy, I'm tired, I'm aching, I'm in pain, I'm moody, I'm stressed. (Thank God Mark's mom's bf gives me those back massages every week). But I'm fighting it! I expected it to be this hard (the physical part) so I've been really patient with all the discomforts. Everything listed up there is pretty much everything I'm experiencing (on a daily basis). It's hard, but it's all worth it! I can't wait to hold Dylan in my arms for the first time. Mark's getting more excited now that it's getting closer to the due date. I know I usually do a video every month, but I just haven't had the time nor the energy. I've been keeping myself busy since my mom's here now, and I've been driving her around every day getting certain errands done such as getting a new SS card, renewing her drivers license (thank GOD because I'm getting really tired driving & it's getting harder for me), and getting a new passport. She's been a big help around here; she's been cooking for us & helping me with cleaning and laundry. It's the perfect time too because things are just getting hard for me, physically. I can't bend much or move around much so cleaning is harder. But I do what I can; I've been walking more often than I usually do so I'm not just being a bum all day. I feel bad for my mom because she doesn't have a TV downstairs in the den & she doesn't feel comfortable doing certain things when Mark's mom & aunt are home (like watching TV in the living room or cooking in the kitchen). She'll usually stay with me all day in my room while Mark's gone, but when Mark gets back, she goes back downstairs & does whatever like write letters or play cards by herself. I feel bad. I want to get her a TV & put it in there so at least she has something to watch; it's so quiet & lonely down there. Idk. At least I know that once Dylan's here, she'll be highly entertained.

Well, I'm going to use the rest of the night to continue reading Twilight. I actually started reading-reading it 2 nights ago, and I'm over half way done (I only read at night). When the movie first came out, I told Mark that I'd wait for it to come out on DVD to watch it (since I have Netflix). When I saw the movie 2 weeks ago, it made me more curious to read the book because I heard the book was way better than the movie. WHICH IT IS. I love the book way better and wish the movie went more according to it. And no, I'm not obsessed with Rob Pattinson! lol. The Edward in the book is so much more interesting than Edward in the movie. Anyways, I've gotten way into the book that I ended up ordering the Twilight Saga. It gives me something to do before my baby boy is here (: Our good friend Don went to Seattle over the weekend, and I knew he was going, but I never expected that he'd end up in Forks, Washington. He sent us a text saying, "Happy Easter! And greetings from Forks, for all you Twilighters." And I was like wtf? And he came over 2 nights ago and brought us souvenirs (bracelets & a shot glass) from over there. He was telling me about where they went (his sister & cousin are huge fans), like to La Push over at the beach, the Cullens' house, the Swan house, Forks High School, the Bella Italia restaurant, and I forgot where else. And there was an actual sign that said "Vampire Population: 8.5" or that's what Don said. But it got me and Mark saying WHAAAAAAT, and now I want to go especially once Dylan's here just to see what it's like. Forks is making money off tourists because of those books! I'm so curious now. I heard the beach is really beautiful.

G'night all.