Friday, November 7, 2008

CaleeMama!

Yes, everyone. It's official. I am pregnant. About 10-11 weeks! It's barely been almost 2 weeks since we first found out yet we've already done so much regarding the baby. I decided to create a separate Blogger account where I could write my thoughts, feelings, and events that go on throughout the entire pregnancy. Mark & I are very excited to see and feel the baby grow.

The following are going to be recaps [from what I can remember] of the past 2 weeks that I haven't been able to share with everyone.

Wednesday, October 22, 2008
This was the day that Margaux was put to sleep ): I was already back home in Lomita because I couldn't take the pain back home. Just looking at my other dogs made me soooo sad. So at home I just stayed in bed ALL DAY...I was too stressed / sad / angry, but most of all, I was nauseous. I felt like I couldn't get up to walk or to exercise; I was too lazy to get food.

Thursday, October 23, 2008
Mark & I decided to go take Aj to dinner with us in Thai Town. I fell asleep on our way there, and once I got up, I felt incredibly sick. I wanted to throw up, and I lost my appetite. I couldn't decide what to order because I wasn't craving anything on the menu. I just stuck to Mark's suggestion & ordered me some pad thai since I hadn't eaten that in a long time. Once I received my plate, I looked down & I couldn't even stand the way my food looked. It was just so unattractive to me. I was thinking to myself, Wtf is wrong with me? I LOVE PAD THAI. I took about 3 spoonfuls and then stopped. I couldn't eat. I couldn't drink my Thai iced coffee (which I usually love as well). I just kept telling them, "I don't know. I just really don't feel good right now. Maybe I'm just stressed." We went home afterwards & I went to sleep.

Friday, October 24, 2008
Rwang & TN picked me up around 1-2ish. We went to Downtown LA, and throughout that entire day, I felt like SHIT. Walking around down Santee Alley was like hell to me. My nostrils were dry so it hurt when I would breathe. I felt super thirsty, sluggish, hot, and most of all, my head was just pounding. I just didn't feel interested in any of the stores or products because I was so concentrated on how sick I felt. I was so hungry until we finally ended up at a CPK on Sunset Blvd. After our lunch, Jeanillie & Joe finally met up with us. We went to Melrose to check out a couple things, then Jeanillie & Joe were kind enough to drive me home. Mark was telling me, "Arnie & them wanna go eat Korean BBQ" and I kept telling him, "Man, I don't really know if I'm in the mood for Korean BBQ..." We all went anyway. Once I got my food, I took a few bites, but after that I just felt like I couldn't swallow any more of it. It just didn't taste appealing to me whatsoever. And here again, I kept thinking, WTF IS WRONG WITH ME?! I LOVE KOREAN BBQ! Ironically after that, I was craving some Yogurtland, but since there was a lame checkpoint going on in front of the store, we just headed back towards Torrance to grab some McFlurrys & cookies @ McDonald's.

Saturday, October 25, 2008
We had plans to go to the valley to visit Jeanillie & Joe. Once we got off the freeway, we picked up Shehan. I wasn't feeling AS BAD this day, but I was still having a weird appetite. Everyone wanted McD's, but I felt like I couldn't eat as much of it. I ordered some nuggets, but I felt like I was but WASN'T in the mood for it. Idk. It's kinda hard to explain. We went bowling & played with the Wii at Joe's. I had a fun night; I just had no idea what was going on with my body.

Sunday, October 26, 2008
I had no plans on this Sunday so all I did was stay home & plan our trip to San Francisco. We were planning to go on some tours and visit some fun places like Alcatraz & the Winchester Mansion. I was so excited! I basically used up my entire day looking for the perfect hotel & trying to figure our agenda for each day of our stay.

October 27, 2008
Mondays..Mondays are boring for me because that's when Mark goes to school..so I stayed home and was STILL was concentrated on planning our San Francisco trip. We were planning to go on November 13-16 since Mark was going to have a short break from school. I was just TOO excited. I had the hotel sorted out; all I did was wait for Mark to get home so we could book our reservation & purchase all our other tickets. But throughout the day, I felt nauseated. I kept telling Mark on AIM, "Babe, I feel sick again. I don't know what's wrong with me, seriously." He looked at me and was like, "Since I'm about to leave, maybe I should buy you a pregnancy test." And I would constantly be like, "SHUT UP. I'm not freakin' pregnant." So when he left, I just had my web browser on the hotel reservation, ready to be made once he got home. I just went on Myspace & all that crap. Once he got home, he pulled out an E.P.T. box. I was like, "Oh, you really did buy it." I opened the box and said, "Well I gotta pee anyways so might as well take it now." When I was in the bathroom, I kept thinking to myself, This thing is gonna come out negative..I don't know why he even spend money on a more expensive brand... Haha. As soon as I dipped the test in (I know, gross) the circle made a plus sign. In my head, I was like WHAT! WHAT?! WHAT?!?!?!??! I ran out with the test and I was like "BABE BABE BABE BABE BABE BABE BABE BABE BABE" and I was scrambling all over the place to find the E.P.T. box to check what the symbols meant again. HAHA. I was just in shock, thinking ARE YOU SERIOUS?! IS THIS A JOKE?! But it turned out to be true. I went up to Mark and said, "Look Babe, I'm pregnant. I'm really pregant." His reaction was like O_O. No words. Haha. Of course it would come to us as a shock. Nothing was planned (not that I'm saying I regret anything) so it was a huge surprise to us. Throughout the entire night, all I could think of was that there really is a baby inside of me. There really is. Mark kept asking me, "So what do you wanna do Babe? Are you sure you're ready?" For me, I already know what I've gotten myself into. It's not going to easy; it's going to take a lot of patience, care, love, dedication. Janelle was the first person I told. The only person I told that night. Mark just held me the entire time & all I had was this feeling of excitement..that it's really true. Things like these should never be considered a mistake, especially when it's with the one you love. It's a blessing.

Wednesday, October 29, 2008
So I went to this place called the Pregnancy Help Center in Torrance. They were REALLY nice and helpful to me. I saw a nurse who took all my vital signs. I had a slight fever, but she said it's due to the rising hormones. I got weighed in, and I wanted to cry. I gained 3 pounds from where I really "stopped" losing weight. AHHHHHHHHHH! Just the thought of losing 30 pounds and having to gain it alllllll back! Scares me, haha. But damn, if this is the only 9 months where I can pig out & eat eat eat, might as take advantage of it, right?! Anyways, I took a pregnancy test through them. They confirmed it for me! I'm preggo! They gave me free prenatal vitamins. I get free prenatal vitamins throughout my entire pregnancy. I'm thankful for tax payers..they allow these clinics to provide these free services for girls who are in the same position as I am. I also took an STD screen. My appointment with the OBGYN was scheduled for the following Wednesday along with a nutrition class. Mark came by after my appointment (bc he had to head out to school), and I told him, "Yup Babe, it's official. You're gonna be a dad." And he sat there and was like, "Wow. You're pregnant." lol. After that I went to Albertsons & picked up everything that looked attractive to me. YUM!!!!

Thursday, October 30, 2008
Aj came over at night, and Mark decided to tell him the big news. Aj had to guess though, and he was like, "Are you guys getting your own apartment?" NO. "Who does this pertain to?" Mark & I pointed at the each other at the same time. LOL. I was like, "BABE YOURE MAKING IT TOO OBVIOUS." Aj goes, "Is somebody pregnant?!" Haha. I AM! And he congratulated us and gave us a hug. He's excited to be one of the ninongs. He's about to be an uncle next month too! We all decided to go to TGIF and have a little celebration. David and Janelle tagged along as well. Don couldn't make it, and Mark S. was on his way to San Francisco. Next time though, we thought, next time. I was sooooooo hungry. I swear this whole day I was nauseated, but I ate sooo much, and by the time TGIF came along, I was STILL STARVING. I was pissed because the food took forever, and once I got my food, I took like small bites and started eating everyone else's food. HAHAHA. My cravings have gone retarded. Also, wearing jeans doesn't feel comfortable for me anymore. I'm always wearing my leggings now. I feel like my tummy can breathe better. My pants still fit me though..reminds me that at least I'm still weighing less than I did a year ago, and that once this baby comes out, I'll be losing it all and more. Oh yeah, and to end my night, I ate like half of those huge banana splits that they have. YUM! I had to drive cholo to my house because she was drunk. Haha. Everyone was drunk except ME. No complaints though. Haha.

Friday, October 31, 2008
Halloweeeeen! I was so sad that I didn't get me a costume. TN suggested for me to be JUNO! Aww, I really wanted to do that. Haha. Sadly, I felt SICK throughout the entire day. I felt like my stomach was going to explode & I was gonna yack yack yack. Gross. So Halloween was kinda boring for me. It's okay though.

Saturday, November 1, 2008
MY BOTTOM WISDOM TOOTH WAS KILLING ME. For a while now, I've known that my bottom wisdom teeth were impacted, but I never felt the pain until my bottom left one started popping out. OMG. It is painful! It was preventing me from opening my mouth and eating correctly. It hurt when I would brush my teeth or even blow my nose. I was very agitated. First I'm nauseous from this pregnancy and now I'm having this tooth issue?! AHHHHHHhh. It's just hard for me to figure out how to solve the issue since I don't have dental insurance anymore (since my real mother decided to FUCK me over), and my tooth requires oral surgery which would mean I would have to be put under general anesthesia, and that a big NO NO since I'm pregnant. Anyways, Don was having a very BELATED birthday celebration at Paul & Clare's house so we went. I was starving! Haha. This stomach of mine. So I gobbled up on some spaghetti. Mmm, and the cupcakes were yummy. Everyone congratulated me & took a shot for me. Thanks ladies! (: But by 10pm, I was feeling very exhausted so Mark and I decided to go home (although he wreaked of alcohol and smoke, he was able to drive..I can't drive stick-shift!). I was pretty tired. Tired tired me.

Sunday, November 2nd-Tuesday, November 4
Ahhhhhhhhhhhhhh, my wisdom tooth was serrrrrriously killing me! I can't even think about the nausea anymore..all I could think about was how painful my tooth was..I couldn't concentrate on anything else. I had to buy Tylenol (it's safe for pregnancy) because the pain is just sooo unbearable. I even cried one night because it's just so stressful..the pain was getting worse, and it was getting hard for me to sleep. I tried putting ice on it, but it was only temporary relief; once I took it off, the pain just came back. I don't like the idea of taking too many Tylenol pills (although my OBGYN says it's safe) so I tried refraining from taking them. On that Monday, Mark & I went to this place in Wilmington to apply for Medi-cal. We waited for about an hour or so, but we finally got it over with. They said it may take up to 5 weeks for me to receive a response, sigh. Too many chicks getting knocked up in LA County, I'm guessing. Haha!

Wednesday, November 5, 2008
Mark & I went to my nutrition class at the free clinic around 10:30..the nutritionist didn't get there until around 11:50am. AHHHH! We had somewhere to go, and I had scheduled an appointment at 3pm with a dentist that I found through 1-800-DENTIST (haha). The video they showed us cracked me up. "You may crave things that are normally never eaten..such as dirt, clay..." I was like, "WTH? Who craves DIRT?!" Haha. And the lady kept saying "Don't eat this, don't eat that." Easy for me. I don't eat seafood..I only drink water..I don't drink alcohol..and I quit smoking (easily). Anything for my baby! When I met Dr. Lu, he told us that he has a private practice in Torrance close to Little Company of Mary, and if I had irregular cycles, then I should go in to see him for an ultrasound. Since my Medi-cal hasn't come in yet, we'd have to pay out of the pocket. Mark & I didn't mind because we wanted to know how everything is going with the baby, and proof that there really is a baby growing inside of me! We finally got out of the clinic around 1:30pm. SHEESH! 3 hours in there! And then when we were driving to Garden Grove, Mark got a speeding ticket. It was really stupid. Whatever. I don't wanna write about it. Gives me a headache, haha. Around 6pm, we had dinner with Aj & Mark S. We told Mark the news! Haha. Another ninong added. :]

Yesterday, Thursday, November 6, 2008
So I called Dr. Lu's office around 9:15am to see if they could squeeze me in today for an ultrasound. My appointment was set at 2:45pm, and I was getting anxious! I guess it's normal [when in my position] to be impatient for these sorta things. I wanted to see what the ultrasound would come out like! I was sooooooo excited that I started tearing up, just the thought of being able to see my baby for the first time. I got ready around 1ish, and by 2:20 I was out the door and headed to his office. It's a nice little office, very clean. The receptionists were really nice to me, and I filled out all the forms I needed. I paid for my ultrasound & waited. I waited for about an hour, but I understood because there were a few people ahead of me. I had no problem; I was too excited so I needed some time to calm down. The nurse took my vital signs again and began asking me about my medical history. All that stuff was easy. Then they called me into another room for my ultrasound! Yay! Once I saw the ultrasound I couldn't stop smiling! That little peanut! For some reason, I have the idea that my baby's gonna look a lot like Mark. Haha. If you take a look at the ultrasound, there's a little bump on the bottom right. That's called a fibroid tumor; no worries though, it's not cancerous or malignant. Dr. Lu said that it will natually lessen down and that it's normal because many women get it. The baby will just push it away as it continues to grow bigger and bigger. Also, I have placenta previa which is a situation where the placenta is covering right over my cervix. The doctor said that it happens and it may just migrate away later on during the pregnancy..we can only see that later on in the pregnancy..I just can't have any "special time" with Mark anytime soon because I'm on a "pelvic rest" to prevent any bleeding. I laugh. I really don't mind because fuck, I'm never in the mood for anything. I'm moody, cranky, hungry 24/7, sick. WHATEVER. Besides those two, Dr. Lu says everything should be okay..he gave me more and more prenatal vitamins, and my next appointment with him will be December 5th (I believe it's for blood work). I'm excited! I also requested a consent form from Dr. Lu for me to give to the dentist in order to get this damn tooth yanked out..I CAN'T WAIT TO GET THIS THING OUT! It's not AS painful, but it's irritating and still in the way. I'll be making my appointment with the dentist ASAP.

So the due date should be around May 28, 2009-June 2, 2009. It's really "not sure" because my period cycles were irregular, so it's kinda hard to tell. That's why the ultrasound says I'm about 10 weeks and 2 days. He said just follow my due date of May 28..it's around there somewhere.



SO NOW TODAY,

I'm planning on telling my dad. I wonder how he'll react; hopefully he will take the time to hear me out. I'm sure he will. My dad shows much concern & cares about my health. I'm sure he'll love his grandchild, just as he does with all his other grandchildren.

I'm more scared of Mark's mom. She scares the living shit out of me. On Wednesday, his mom was asking him, "What's wrong with Calee?" and Mark was like, "I don't know, she's just sick." She's like, "What do you mean sick? What's wrong?" He's responded, "I DONT KNOW, she's just not feeling well." She asked, "Is she pregnant?! I better not hear that she's pregnant, Mark." UHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH. [scared face]

Anyways. Gotta prepare myself to explain the news to my dad. Wish me luck everyone! I hope you guys enjoy my little journal entries as I continue to update my every day life as a pregnant fattie. Much love! <3

1 comment:

alexsantos said...

AHHH you're preggers!!! Congratulations kelly!! Good luck with telling your dad and Mark's mom. If you need anything, let me know! Love you! <3Alex