Friday, December 26, 2008

Post-Christmas


I hope you guys all had a great Christmas. I sure did. For starters, I'm officially 18 weeks pregnant! YAY! That's 4 and a half months in better terms, but I like counting by weeks, haha. I swear my days feel so long but the weeks just pas by so fast. It was just fun spending time with my family & dogs. My mom made some adobo, pancit, fish, the one-of-a-kind ham, and my sister fried some lumpia. GOOOOD FOOD; nothin' like my mom's Filipino food. Good laughs at the table too. I laughed 'til I cried, which was pretty ridiculous. It was my sister's fault. She had a wrapped present for me & I was like OOOOOOH I WONDER WHAT IT IS! When I opened it, I saw it was a in "Seafood City" box, and it turned out to be a a Seafood City calendar. I was like WTF IS THIS?! But not in a mad way, more like a hilarious way, cuz I seriously could not stop laughing my ass off. I really blame my hormones on it because I started crying. It's because she ended up giving my brother some lame Seafood City t-shirt, and he pointed out that said "Queen of the [something]" on it. My parents, me, Mark, my sister's boyfriend Neil were just hysterically laughing because we were just like, what IS this? And all my sister kept saying was, "I'm sorry. We're so broke this year. I couldn't get you guys anything else." And there she was, handing Mark a Nordstrom giftcard. LOL. 5 minutes later she handed me an envelope with a Christmas card and a Forever 21 giftcard. AHAHA. That's more like it ;) It was my only gift, but I'm happy. Oh, and then she gave my brother his "real" gift, which was a sweater from Macy's. Haha. All Mark kept telling my sister was, "That was a good one, that was good." [Yeah, that picture is me literally laughing/crying and Mark laughing at me. I got my giftcard, BOOYA!]



I love wrapping gifts (even though I really suck at it), and my favorite part is giving the gifts. We bought these really cute doggie gift tags to go with them (yes, you'd definitely know it's from me). But anyways, we always buy gifts to never expect anything back. I know my family, especially my parents, deserve something nice for a gift. Mark & I gave my stepmom & dad bluetooth headsets because I'm so tired of always hearing my dad yell through speakerphone everytime he calls me. Lol. We got my brother a robe, my sister's boyfriend Neil a Best Buy and Starbucks giftcard, and my sister the Juicy Couture "Viva La Juicy" gift set. She got what she wanted since her birthday's coming up on New Year's, haha. I got Mark the Lakers Swingman jersey (: He wanted a jersey. And he got ordered my Obey jacket that I wanted x] After opening the gifts, we watched Forgetting Sarah Marshall (although I had already seen it 3x). I had a good time with my family; I think it was better this year than last year because it was just straight up immediate family. Good times. The holidays wasn't nearly as bad as I thought it would be (due to the horrible economy & struggles & what not). Family is the best. It's too bad we didn't get to take a family picture; it's probably because they knew I looked like crap after all that crying--my energy was completely drained & I was ready to sleep. Mark decided to go home last night, and once he got to his car he gave me call saying how his car was covered in ice. Yup, Palmdale weather. Not surprised. He couldn't even close his trunk or his door. All I heard was him slamming his door 10x. It was FREEZING! I think 28 degrees? Idk.

Man, most of the pictures [of all of us] are on my mom's and sister's camera. They're probably filled with really embarrassing pictures of me.

Today it wasn't raining in Palmdale; the sun was shining bright but it was seriously windy. I hate that. It's what makes it so cold. Everything outside was covered in blocks of ice. At 7am, I could see snow falling, but it was too windy so obviously it wasn't working out. My sister, her boyfriend, my brother, and I all went to the Antelope Valley Mall after lunch. I seriously hate that mall. It's so boring. Nothing interests me there. I tried looking around, but nothing. It was completely packed, the aisles are so narrow. I was getting tired. So we decided to head to Target. I love Target (: My sister bought me 2 pairs of maternity jeans. They make me happy! I ESPECIALLY love the ones with the entire belly coverage. It's comfy (: Now I gotta take them to the dry cleaners to get them cut and made skinnier lol. I also bought Mark NBA 2k9 for his XBOX 360 since I know he's been wanting that game. Well, Don gave us a giftcard so it contributed to half (: Might as well, right? I'm happy with what I got this Christmas because the most precious gift I could definitely hold is new life growing inside me :D

After Target, we headed back home. I ate some more then got packing on my stuff. I had to prepare the backseat of my car since I took Bonnie home (: She's sleeping right now. Once I got home, I gave her a bath (and she hates bath time..well, water in general. Weird for a Lab, right? She really hates water). And the funny part is now that I have a door mirror (well, those body sized mirrors), she likes staring at herself (or at me) through it. She seems pretty interested. Haha. I also decided to treat myself. I got my TOMS! I might as well get what I asked Santa for since I know he gave up on me after I turned 10. And Disney Couture came out with a cute Beauty & the Beast collection & the rose bangle was a definite must-have for me. I love it. Well, I'm gonna go now. Bonnie's bothering me because she wants me to throw her ball around. Hope everyone had a safe and fun holiday! And GOODNIGHT!

2 comments:

GO TO HEYLOOKITSJADE.BLOGSPOT said...

Awwww that's so cute. like i said a million times before, i'm so happy for you guys!!! :)

Calee: said...

Thank you thank you! I hope you had a great Christmas as well, and a fun upcoming New Year ;]