Thursday, February 12, 2009

25 weeks.

Week 25 = fat Calee

I went to see my OBGYN yesterday. First I got to hear the baby's heartbeat. Dr. Mendoza was trying to find him on my right side, and she was having a hard time finding it. Then I told her, "He likes to stay on my left side; I always feel him there. He's never on my right for some reason" and she placed the doppler on the left, and you could hear the heartbeat go BOOM BOOM BOOM super loud. Haha. I know my baby by now lol. She told me, "Yeah, if the baby finds his comfortable spot, he'll usually continue to stay there." Afterwards, I got the results for my 1 hour glucose blood draw. It was high. Sigh. So my doctor said that I have to go back to the lab and do a 3 hour glucose. In case you don't really know about it, it's to check for your sugar levels to see if you're prone to having gestational diabetes or not. Last Friday, I drank this nasty orange glucose drink (it basically tasted like really old nasty Sunkist), and I had to drink the whole bottle down in one sitting. Then an hour later, I got my blood drawn at the lab. THIS time I gotta go back, and drink that same nasty drink 1 time every hour for 3 hours (and I'm not allowed to go pee). My doctor said that my results were high but not extremely high; it was probably because I ate a lot of carbs the day before (rice, potatoes, a strawberry/banana smoothie..I forgot what else). She said my 3 hour results may just come out normal. I'm really praying it does or else I'd have a lot of things to deal with. Sigh.

Also, I gained a lot of weight (again). I'm back to the weight I was when I started Jenny Craig (this makes me even more sad). I swear, I don't even eat as much, but it's probably because I'm less active compared to before I found out I was pregnant. I can't do extreme cardio (which I was always used to), and I had a job where I was constantly up and walking. So my doctor said that I need to learn how to control my intake (ugh), and that if I gain too much weight the next time she sees me, she'd probably send me to a nutritionist who can help me out (which I doubt). Another problem is that I don't cook. I can't cook, and the kitchen is usually occupied by Mark's mother or aunt. They're the ones who cook, but they cook things I'd probably never eat (unless Mark gives a special request). It just doesn't feel comfortable. If only I had my own kitchen, trust me, I'd be learning and cooking my own food right now.

So at the end of my appointment yesterday, you can just imagine how incredibly pissed I was. I'm satisfied though that my baby's heartbeat was perfectly fine.

Shopping sucks. That's all I gotta say. When you're pregnant, got a huge belly, and you feel fat in everything you try on, it's just not fun. This is why I just end up buying baby stuff instead of shopping for myself.

Okay, enough negative talk.

I'm excited for Saturday, not because it's Valentine's Day, but because of my 4D ultrasound! I'm anxious to see his more developed face. And my parents, Lia, Jason, and Mark will be there to witness the wonderful moment. Afterwards Mark & I have to go to Bellflower for my goddaughter's 1st birthday. Then the following week I'll be ordering the invitations for the April shower :] I gotta think of what to do for my March shower since we're inviting a few more people than I expected (Mark's inviting his whole class). Should I have games or something? I don't know what's gonna go on. March 1st will be the day that Mark & I go to Little Company of Mary Hospital in Torrance to take a tour of the birthing suites & what not (I already know what the hospital looks like, and I'm 99% sure I wanna give birth there; it's nice!). Then I have to pre-register once I've made up my mind. Exciting stuff. The baby is gonna be here before we know it.

And I just wanted to welcome little Evan Suttipreechanun to the world! Congrats to Jay & Melissa on their new baby boy (:

Time to play Dylan some Baby Einstein Mozart on the belly. Goodnight friends.

No comments: