Monday, February 9, 2009

Baby Shower location.

So for those who know about my upcoming baby shower in April, I was planning to have it at a park in the San Fernando Valley, but I've changed my mind. I'm going to have it at my parents' house in Palmdale (which is about an hour north from the valley in case you didn't know). I was too focused & stressed over accommodating people at a park; too frustrated over making my shower comfortable for everyone else (distance-wise) instead of making it comfortable for myself. I'm not trying to be selfish ): You'll all still receive an invitation from us (and I'll include directions). It will be a shower including friends and family. I'm sorry because I know it will probably a hassle for a lot of you guys; I know a bunch who I've invited from Orange County & San Gabriel Valley...but nothing is more comfy than the comfort of my own home. I'm a pregnant woman with issues! I need a bathroom available to me at all times because I go every half hour or less, a bed or couch to lounge on from time to time, and hot food & cold drinks without flies in my face. And thanks to Lia who will be planning the games for you guys (: It'll be so fun; Mark & I would love to see you guys there, seriously!

Half of week 24 has been exhausting. Yesterday completely DRAINED me because we've rearranged the room! And our carpet's been cleaned. Took, I'd say, about 36 hours to dry up. The set up looks awesome; we got a new, smaller desk & TV stand, an ottoman which we've placed at the end of our bed, a 3-drawer set from Ikea which I'll use to change the baby. We posted the TV stand & desk on craigslist for $25 each (pretty cheap) & we already have potential buyers. I'm really happy with how this room is turning out. All that's left to buy is our baby's crib! I am very excited, and I've been kinda on & off about which crib to buy, but I've decided on one that's a good height, safe for the baby (most importantly), comes with teething rails, and one drop side. I will take a picture for you guys once the bedroom is complete! And hopefully by next month, many of you will get to see it in person (:

Earlier tonight when we went to Ikea, I was forced to walk up the stairs since they closed the elevator down due to the wacky weather. I felt like I was an old lady. I was telling Mark, "Wait...........wait........[trying to catch my breath].....GAHHHHHHHH!" That seriously made my brain spin in circles, and my heartbeat was racing. I need to exercise. Sigh.

Mark, Arnie, Leslie, & I went out Friday night & it was pretty fun. Leslie & I were having our usual girl talk & it felt so good to vent to someone who knows exactly how I feel & what I was going through. And I hadn't laughed that much for a while so it felt really good to let out all that energy. And Leslie got to feel Dylan kick! It was really cute. I'm as excited whenever I feel him kick as when I let others feel him kick (: It's like saying, "See! There's my baby! He says hi!"

Lia & I were chatting last week about little Dylan's name. Mark is clearly obsessed with the name "Mackenzie" so we've decided to make it his middle name. And Mark loves the fact that he'd be able to call him "D-Mac" & Lia was like, "So what's his full name going to be?" I said, "Dylan Mackenzie Chantarawong, but I'm thinking of throwing my last name in there." Then she said, "There you go!" And when I typed it out, I noticed the initials literally spelled D-MAC! Dylan Mackenzie Aldaya Chantarawong. Haha. (: I told Mark about it, and he was like, "See! It's a sign."

Well, I'm exhausted. I'm about to knock out. Probably snore as much as I did last night (according to Mark). Goodnight everyone!

2 comments:

alexsantos said...

LMAO!! D-MAC totally has to be your nickname for dylan now. hahaha i can't believe mark predicted that! can't wait for all the baby festivities <3

Calee: said...

I know! It was so ironic, I can't believe I didn't think of that in the beginning, lol.

And yes, I'm soooooo excited!! :D