Thursday, March 26, 2009

31 weeks.

1 more week & I'll be 8 months pregnant!

I have never experienced a cough as horrible as this one. At first I kept thinking to myself, Oh this is nothing; it'll go away soon. I'm practically dying. Mark gave me, his mom, and his aunt some crazy ass virus. This whole house is coughing. Last night, I felt so sick & as it has been for the past week, it was really difficult for me to sleep. I have to sleep with a cough drop in my mouth at all times. And as I wrote before, I have to wear a freakin' pad to control my bladder since I have a big baby sitting on it. My OBGYN prescribed me some antibiotics & hopefully those are kicking in. I also take regular Mucinex when I feel like I have to; although it works, my cough is uncontrollable and it hurts. I threw up in the middle of the night. Everytime I wake up from coughing so much, I sit up wishing I didn't have to sleep because I end up coughing again anyways. And for some reason, sleeping on my left side makes me cough more than sleeping on my right side, and I hate sleeping facing my right side because I'm facing the blinds & it gets super bright in the morning. My baby's growing so big that it's putting a lot of pressure on my ribs, and everytime I cough, my ribs are in pain. Seriously HURTS. I told my OBGYN about it; she said, Poor thing, you're being tortured. Yes. I am. I even read about a pregnant woman actually BREAKING a rib from coughing so much, and at times I really feel like something's gonna crack. After I came from my OBGYN's office, I had to go to Target to get my prescription. I felt like dying. I was so dizzy & my coughing was driving me insane. I walked around & looked at baby stuff, but I kept telling myself how much I'd rather be at home. I left once my prescription was ready, and I seriously felt like I shouldn't have been driving. Driving's getting a bit difficult for me because I feel like I don't have the ability to turn my body in all directions so I get really paranoid. I'm seriously praying that this illness goes away by the end of the weekend; I don't know how much longer I'll be able to put up with it. I feel like crying at times. It's so depressing & aggravating. I feel like ever since February 26 happened, Mark & I have been cursed. I just need to be more optimistic. Sigh.

Dylan's heartbeat was perfect when I heard it yesterday at my OB's. She also measured my belly (exactly at 31 weeks), and she said he's already positioned upside down. No wonder I feel a lot of punches & movement around the lower area of my belly, and I feel his hard kicks at the top. I'm glad that through all my suffering, my baby is doing just fine. That's all that's important to me. All that's seriously keeping me alive is the fact that my baby is going to be here in 2 months, and Mark & I are going to find all our happiness in him.

My mother called me yesterday to let me know what her flight number is. She really IS coming. Wow. That's a miracle. Well, actually I'm not surprised because I know she's forcing herself to come before the April 15th deadline. So I gotta prepare for her arrival. My brother Anthony is coming with me to pick her up on Wednesday. I've been searching up on craigslist for a futon for sale so she'll have a more comfortable place to sleep (instead of the sofa) in the den. At first, we were gonna let her sleep in the living room where she'll have the TV to keep herself company, but I realized that that's "Happy's sofa" because he seriously takes over that thing like it's his. And I didn't want Mark's mom & aunt feel like they can't relax on the sofa like they always do. I'll probably find my mom a TV to place in the den. Luckily I found a seller who's selling a futon in great condition for only $50, and she's holding it for me until we pick it up on Saturday. So we'll see if that goes through. I really feel bad for having to leave her here for the weekend while I'm in Palmdale for the shower. I don't know if my dad will change his mind though; they never get along ever since I can remember..

The shower is in a week! I'm really looking forward to seeing everyone. My dad & sister keep asking me about how many people are going. I constantly remind them that I sent over 70 invitations to friends and about 40 to different family households, and that no one really follows the whole "RSVP" thing anymore especially because this isn't a formal event like a wedding or debut. So much of my family is going to be there; I told my dad that I don't care where everyone else sleeps, as long as I get their tempurpedic bed because it'll help my belly. The house is going to be crowded of family members sleeping on the floor and what not. Family's coming from all over the place like Vegas & San Diego, and I already there will be over 50 family members so I can't imagine how many of our friends will be there. Regardless, it's going to be fun & there will be lots of food, drunk aunts and uncles (AND DAD), loud karaoke, fun games. I can't wait for a bunch of you guys to meet the dogs too! Bonnie's gonna love the attention. She misses it. Anyways, if you could let me know if you're going or not (through the internet or even through a phone call or text..that's if you know my number), I'd really appreciate it (because my family keeps annoying me about it). So I can keep track in case they need to order more food or make more giveaways. Either way, I really appreciate everyone who will be there to share the day with me, Mark, & Dylan & we'll miss those who won't be able to make it!

Well, I'm gonna catch some rest. I hope tonight won't be so bad, but I could be speaking too soon. Goodnight.

No comments: