Wednesday, March 11, 2009

OBGYN.

I just wanted to jot down how relieved I came out after my doctor appointment this morning. Dylan's heartbeat was perfect, and the measurement of my belly is at exactly where I'm supposed to be. My 3 hour glucose tolerance test results came out normal, and that makes me so happy. Gestational diabetes is horrible; I'm just so lucky/thankful that I passed it. See, I knew my baby's been doing good in here!

I went to get some more blood drawn right after my appointment; being a former phlebotomy student, I have the tendency to focus on every single right and wrong move that phlebotomists perform on me. They made a new phlebotomist work on my arms. I just got both my arms drawn a few times last Friday (for the 3 hour) so I still had some obvious bruising. Lord. This woman (she was pretty old too) couldn't get my blood, and she did almost everything wrong. You could just imagine my face the entire time. I didn't wanna say anything to make her more nervous because I didn't want her to poke my eye out. Sigh. She couldn't get blood from both my arms so she had to ask another lady (the lady who always draws from me, actually) and she was able to get my blood in less than a minute. Thank God that was over with. I was sitting in that drawing station for like over 10 minutes. She's lucky I'm not afraid of needles. Other patients are very VERY paranoid about getting poked, and they can be assholes to you if you make the wrong moves. I feel bad for her; someone should've been around to observe her since she's so new.

Anyways, I've been counting down for Saturday & I feel like it's just going extremely slow because I'm too focused on it. Haha. I'm stoked. I don't know how we're fitting all those people in our little townhouse, but we'll figure it out. I'll be cleaning all day tomorrow & running last minute errands. I still gotta get the prizes for the games (: Fun stuff.

2 comments:

julieanndee said...

how cool you took phlebotomy i was going to take it this spring but i didnt want to deal with the a**holes & i got lazy. anyways, glad to hear everythings going smooth ;]

Calee: said...

haha! that's EXACTLY why i quit right after my first day of externship..it was very nerve wracking..idk. i swear i can't work in the medical field. haha.